Monday 2 January 2012

Kitchen Shelf Uncluttering

Today my boyfriend was hard pressed to find more kitty treats on the shelf. I decided it was high time to purge that shelf of it's unloved contents.  So I got a big wicker basket and offloaded the shelf. I'd say about 1/3 of it went into the trash.  But I found a giant unopened bag of dried mushrooms and a package of unopened spaghettini. My boyfriend walked in and said, "Wow, I didn't even know we had those."

If you don't want to waste money, eat your packaged food in a timely fashion.

I also had to eradicate a number of spiders that decided to live behind those unloved boxes. 

Once the shelf was clear I used it to put all the canned cat food in one spot. I used the rest of the shelf for all the bottles of various cooking oils and sauces my boyfriend likes to use. Oh how he loves his Asian fish sauce and Hirachi sauces. It was also a good spot to park two standard cook books.

Sadly I never did find the cat treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment