Monday 30 January 2012

Painting a Cubby Shelf Unit

In an effort to be more organized, I bought a 3 cubby storage unit yesterday. It was bare wood so today I painted it with Gesso and acrylics and used up some of my older bottles of paint to use them up and not waste them. It was warm outside when I started, but around 4 PM the clouds were making me pretty chilly so I finished for the day. As time allows I'm going to collage over the painting and make it a cool and special shelf for my art studio. I had to fight tooth and nail to get it. My boyfriend didn't want me to buy it because he couldn't think of anywhere to put it. I think I'll lay it across my dresser and use one cubby as a nightstand, and the other two slots to store my journals and magazines in. And I can then use the topside as a shelf for the things that are cluttering up my dresser right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment